This is a bestselling dish in our cafes: we change menus seasonally, but I would not dare touch this one. People from all over ask for the recipe for this tasty creation – so delicious and creamy, and good to eat at any time of the day – so we’ve included it again in this book. It’s a winner!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes – V, GF
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red (Spanish) onion, finely chopped
- 370g (13 oz/2 cups) cooked quinoa
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto (home-made or ready made is fine)
- 160g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g (2 cups) finely chopped cavolo nero or kale leaves, stalks removed
- 1 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon linseeds (flaxseeds)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- In pan, heat olive oil with red onion and sauté for 1 min.
- Add cooked quinoa and sauté until hot.
- Whisk eggs, add to the pan and stir through.
- Add pesto and mix through for 1 minute.
- Add cherry tomatoes, kale, salt, pepper and mix through for another minute.
- Remove from heat and place in bowls.
- Sprinkle with linseeds.
- Serve with wedge of lemon.
Recipe by About Life COO & Wellness Ambassador Vladia Cobrdova