Need a little bit of a nutritional boost for your Thyroid Gland? Today’s recipe is by Jessica Sepel from JS Health. She’s sharing with you her favourite Thyroid Boosting Salad Recipe and it is sooo easy to make…
I absolutely adore this salad as a side dish with quinoa sushi, or larger version on its own for a light lunch or dinner. It’s fresh, crisp and refreshing – and seaweed is a true superfood. It’s chockfull of antioxidants, calcium, broad range of vitamins, and a particular nutrient that is difficult for us to get enough of in our diets – iodine. It’s critical to maintaining a healthy thyroid. And you know how I feel about good thyroid health!
Prep time: 25 mins Total time: 25 mins
- 1 fennel, roughly chopped (tops only)
- 2 raw beetroots, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and cut finely on an angle
- 300g dry wakame seaweed
- 5 tbsp mung beans
- 3 tsp Dulse flakes
- 2 tbsp toasted white and black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- For the Dressing:
- 4 tbsp cold pressed flaxseed oil • 1 tsp miso paste
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1⁄2 avocado (optional)
- In a large bowl, place the seaweed mix and add enough warm water to cover. Let it stand for 10 minutes and then dry it extremely well with paper towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the finely sliced seaweed, fennel, beetroot, carrots, cucumber, mung beans and Dulse flakes. Gently toss all the ingredients together.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together all the dressing ingredients. If serving immediately, you can mix together with the salad. Otherwise, store in the fridge and it will keep for 3-4 days.
- Top the salad with the sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and avocado.
About Jessica Sepel from JS Health:
You can find Jess here: