Raw, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Vegetarian with Vegan Option (contains honey)
This week’s guest blog post is by Sally O”Neil – the Fit Foodie. This Raw Cake is not just a feast for the eyes, but is loaded full good-for-you ingredients that will nourish your tum!
Deliciously sweet (but secretly packed with veggies) this is perfect for any special occasion.
It does take a little preparation time, but believe me – this one is well worth the wait.
- 200g carrot, chopped
- 35g pecans
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground orange peel (optional)
- 10 dates, pitted and soaked
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 50g creamed coconut, warmed
- 3 tbsp cashews
- 1 tsp Natvia (granulated stevia) or raw honey
- Bee pollen
- Crushed pecans
- Dried orange peel
- Dried lavender
- Lime zest
- In a food processor or blender, pulse oats to a fine flour. Add remaining cake ingredients and process until smooth.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by processing cashews and stevia to a fine flour. Add liquid creamed coconut and blend until well combined.
- In a small food stacker or cake tin, spoon in half the cake mixture, top with half the icing mixture, and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, add remaining cake mixture and freeze again for 3-4 hours. Remove cake from tin, top with additional icing and decorate as desired.
- Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minus before slicing and serving.
About The Fit Foodie:
The Fit Foodie, otherwise known as Sally O’Neil, is on a mission to prove that healthy and nutritious doesn’t have to be boring – and that even while staying in shape you can have your cake and eat it too. Moving to Sydney from the UK in 2011, it wasn’t long before the pressure of Bondi life had Sally “reviewing [her] bikini body” and making changes to her diet. “But in my attempt to ditch the apple crumbles and focus on nutrition, I was subjected to a lot of plain low-calorie food,” she says. “After a few months I learnt one thing: life is better with chocolate. And apple crumble. So my experimenting began and The Fit Foodie was born.”
You can find Sally at:
Ingredients are available from an aboutlife store near you!